segunda-feira, abril 26, 2004

Cold Wind


Sometimes,
From the darkest corner of my mind,
The cold wind of winter past blows,
Removing the gray dust
That usually covers my memory.

My head then aches with painful sorrow
Wondering,
Wishing that maybe tomorrow
This cold wind fades into breeze
And those nightmares go away.

If only I could fly -
Take off – disappear
Without asking why,
To the ancient dream locked in my brain,
I would return to that sweet youth
Where my heart left a bloodstain.

But that cold wind never disappear
Not even when the day is clear
And the sun warms my gentle sleep -
And I become crazy and lunatic.

Come,
Cold Wind,
Bring on my ghosts
Of past, of future and present time.
Let them take control of me,
Let my heart in stone to be,
And let them steal this love of mine.

And then
Turn off the light –
Down your eternal night on me.
Don’t let me hear,
Don’t let me see.
But leave my lips -
An open sea –
To cry for love to set me free!

PO 10/04/2002

Alguém me perguntava o que faço aos meus demónios...
Nada.
Deixo que me visitem de tempos a tempos - é bom para nos mantermos em guarda.